Monday 4 April 2011

St Brelade

The old man went off to work at 7.30 this morning. I had a couple more cups of tea in bed watching the news, got ready and was walking along St Aubin's Bay by 9am. The weather was a bit chilly first thing but I was walking briskly, and by 10am had removed the fleece and was down to a long sleeved tshirt. I stopped in St Aubin for a pot of tea outside overlooking the little harbour before setting off again. I walked to St Brelade Bay and looked at some £multimillion houses along the way. The bay was beautiful, deserted with a few spots of rain. I had walked about 5 miles to this point.


















I walked back the same way and by the time I was halfway along St Aubin's Bay the sun came out and by the time I reached the apartment it was wall to wall sunshine and nearing 60 degrees. Satisfied with 10 miles walking today, I took my Kindle out on the balcony to enjoy the sunshine until the old man got home. When he arrived at 4.30pm, we walked the harbour walls for an hour or so, enjoying the views of Elizabeth Castle in the late afternoon sun.


















Some lovely boats in the harbour, would I trade Valerie for one? hmmm.........maybe this one!


















Home for supper with fresh crab bought from the fish market (with a second mortgage) and BBC2's programme about the Rift Valley. The weather is improving here still further towards the weekend, so I/we should be able to get out and do lots. More tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment