Sunday 7 December 2008

Post Holiday Blues

We are now back at work and winding down to Christmas, which will be here with the blink of an eye. After the festivities and new year celebrations, our children will return to University/their own homes and it will be all be quiet here again!

Mid January I go into hospital for a relatively minor heart op/procedure and then hopefully my Kili training can begin in earnest at the end of January. We have a high spec electronic cross trainer at home and this will be the starting point (although not on the programs we've been used to using!). At weekends we'll do a bit of hill walking, working up level & duration over time - we are starting nice and early so we can build up slowly. We'll add some overnight camping without facilities on occasions - neither of us are used to being without creature comforts and I dread the prospect of the 'long drops!

Anyhow, it's been fun setting up this blog and I hope it will help keep me going. I hope readers find it interesting. Til next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment